Anggie wanted to know what's the proudest moment in my life. Seemed like almost all parents' proudest moment has something to do with their kids. hehehe I'd say my proudest moment was when I successfully breastfed CE exclusively. I wasn't able to do that with XY.
I faced some serious breastfeeding problems in the first two months - engorgement, blocked ducts, cracked nipples. When CE was 2 months old, I had blocked milk ducts which led to breast infection. If untreated, it'd lead to mastitis, which would require surgery. I had very high fever and needed to be hospitalised. At that time, my gynae suggested that I take the pill to stop milk production. He was worried the continued milk production would create a good environment for the bacteria to breed. But I was hesitant coz I really wanted to continue breastfeeding. I was really motivated to breastfeed after reading so many successful and inspiring stories in forums and blogs. So I decided not to take the pill, wait and see if the antibiotics (IV drip) worked or not. Luckily it worked, otherwise I'd have to go through surgery. I was very thankful the breast infection didn't get more serious.
At the beginning, I supplemented CE's feeding with formula. But after the breast infection episode, I tried to breastfeed more frequently, so that the blocked duct would not recur. Finally, I managed to breastfeed CE exclusively from 2+ to 7 months old. And he was weaned off at 11 months. I was very happy that I was able to give him the best I can in his first few months.
Please pass on this list:
1. Ehon's proudest moment is when he swept 5 out of 6 trophies at a State First Aid Competition.
2. Everyday Healy proudest moment is when she gave birth to Elizabeth.
3. Trinity's proudest moments are when she took a commitment to be married and also when she breastfed her babies.
4. Anggie proudest moment was married to a wonderful husband and being a mother.
5. Slavemom's proudest moment was when she successfully breastfed her son exclusively.
Kindly share with us your proudest moment.
Mummy to QiQi
Health Freak Mommy