After my promotion to motherhood, I noticed that I tend to nag a lot. Well, can’t really help it when you’ve to repeat the same thing over and over and over again. Sometimes I even speak to CB using the same tone as I speak to the kids. But we do get a good laugh after that, if we’re both in a good mood. Do these sound familiar to you?
When XY’s having her meal :
* Please stop playing with the food/spoon.
* Please eat properly.
* XY, don’t touch your hair.
* Don’t get down from the chair till you’ve finished your meal.
* XY, eat everything together - the rice, vege and meat.
* Don’t choose and eat the meat only, it’s salty.
When XY’s watching tv :
* Sit up straight, please.
* You come down from the sofa, I’ll switch off the tv.
During bedtime :
* XY, keep quiet, close your eyes and sleep.
After her bath :
* Stop moving, let me wipe you dry first.
* Quickly wear your shirt, afterwards catch cold.
I think I should use a tape recorder to record and playback to save my breath, especially during meal time. I practically say the same thing every single meal. I’m sure I’m not alone. A lot of parents face this too, right? Right? Am I right? :)