Sunday, January 27, 2008

Setting The CNY Atmosphere

Do you have to think hard on what to eat? I don't have much problems with weekdays as I'll just ask the maid to cook whatever that's in the fridge. Sometimes some dishes are planned ahead when marketing was done. But when it comes to weekends, we have a hard time thinking what to eat. We usually eat out on weekends but there aren't many nice food around our area. Like just now, we discussed for almost 10 minutes on what to eat before deciding on bak kut teh. For that, we've to travel out of Kajang town coz there're no good ones here.

After dinner, we went shopping at Jusco (yeah... again). We bought 2 small pots of lotus bamboo. Wanted to create some CNY atmosphere at home. I wanted to get the bigger one but the vase was quite ugly. Also saw a nice pot of pussy willows. The vase is filled with soil so I thought it wouldn't be a suitable decoration in the house with 2 active and curious kids. They were also selling bunches of it separately and the saleslady told me I just need to put water in the vase. Not suitable for us either. Looks like we have to get those artificial ones if we want to put in the house but they don't look that nice. So in the end, we didn't get any.

~ our first decorative plants ~

10 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

I usually plan my weekly menu ahead. Each day, I just stick the menu on my fridge and my previous maid would know what to do. With my new Cambodian maid who is a MCC, I have to do everything myself.

Unknown said...

it's good to place a bamboo plant at home according feng shui...making good wealth..

slavemom said...

Shireen, hv to give them some time (unfortunately, it'll be mths) to be familiar with their work.

Shirley, wah... good good. :)

chanelwong said...

Now I hardly cook because I cannot tahan the smell of cooking..

Usually I also do marketing once a week ..hope can resume soon...

Jacss said...

ehh, i also got the same lotus bamboo for our house....oh, now i know the name, hehehe

and i can put pussy willow at my house wor...neh neh poo poo, very nice, will post later so visit later ya!!

slavemom said...

Chanel, home-cooked food is still the best, rite?

Jac, ur boys won't kacau ur pussy willows kah? Quick, quick! Wanna see ur nice deco.

Everyday Healy said...

nice plant! May be more red ribbons? :)

slavemom said...

Healy, what if I killed the plant while tying more ribbons? hehehe

Peridot&Sapphire said...

so, you miss penang's food or not?? hehehe...

slavemom said...

Sharine, yes of coz! Was looking fwd to CNY. Unfortunately, got sick in Pg. So din enjoy the food at all. :(