Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Lost And Found

Yesterday was the day to return XY's school books. As she's lost her BM Activity book, I had to see the teacher-in-charged to see what can be done. We've checked the local bookstore but it's out of stock. She actually lost it 2 weeks before her exam. She told me she passed it up to her teacher, Puan J (on a different day than the class as she forgot). So I asked her to check with Puan J and also ask her classmates. I went to see Puan J before the exam, in case she doesn't take my girl's words seriously. But she can't find them anywhere. I was told by the class teacher that I've to replace the book, otherwise, XY won't be getting next year's books.

So I waited and waited, hoping her book would somehow appear. But it didn't and it was time to return the books. I spoke to the teacher-in-charged and she asked me to see the Penolong Kanan at the office, Puan R. Had to wait 45 minutes to see her as she was doing an interview (overheard it's for Head Prefect). Puan R was really nice and helpful, said I don't have to replace the book coz it's the Activity book (they'll write off anyway).

On the way out, I passed by XY's classroom so I decided to tell her class teacher what Puan R said. Surprise, surprise! The book has been found! One of her friends had taken her book, obviously without XY's knowledge. The girl took it to copy some work which she didn't finish. And she said she didn't understand what Puan J said when she was asking the class about the book. Fine, even so, shouldn't you return your friend her book so that she can do revision for her exam? Or anytime earlier than return-school-books-day?

When she was back from school, I found out the teacher didn't say anything to that girl. So I told her to explain (nicely, of coz) to her friend that she shouldn't do that. Cannot take other people's things without permission (if the person didn't hear you, it's not considered asked :p) and must return to them as soon as possible. Actually I'm quite pissed because of the trouble I had to go through. Luckily we didn't really go hunting for the book. And XY was worried about losing her book. Worried her teacher will scold her. Although I told her I'll handle it, she was still worried. And every time she mentioned about the book, she'd get an earful from me. "If you hadn't passed up the book on a different day, you wouldn't have lost it... blablabla." Poor girl. It was not her fault at all. Anyway, I'm just glad things got sorted out and she received next year's books already.

16 comments:

Merryn said...

aiyo, such a hassle over an activity book. Her teacher just casually told you that if you don't replace it XY wont be getting next year's book. So evil! LoL!

Thank goodness everything is sorted out and the book is found again :)

Alice Law said...

My oh my... what an oblivious classmate, simply took people's stuff without permission and your girl's form teacher, sound very irresponsible! Sigh~! She brought all the teachers to shame.:(

Pity your girl, she must have drop dead worried when she found her book was lost!

stay-at-home mum said...

Thank goodness it has been found. But as they get older, you get more of such problems, and the kids wont even tell coz they dont want that ear-ful from us. My eldest lent her notes to her friend (Japanese -a 3rd language that she does) whom she sees only at Jap class once a week coz the girl missed a class. That girl didnt return it to her until AFTER the exams!! And of course, my princess didnt say a thing for fear of getting a earful from me. A week before the exams she was scrambling to get her other friends to scan and email their notes to her. NAturally she did BADLY for that paper and got a earful from me. Wah! This note ful of "ears"!!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Quite traumatic for XY as well. But I guess it also serves as a lesson learnt for her :)

jacss said...

aiyo...poor girl. i would hv pissed over the 45mins wait too!! so fast got new books edi.
now i'll hv to worry if teacher would go after my boys as all their books are in so bad conditions now...cham mou !!

MeRy said...

Lucky the book was found at last...

mNhL said...

oh dear.....i can understand how XY felt when she lost her book. Luckily the book was found. All ends well :D

LittleLamb said...

Without the activity book, XY can still do well in the exam..that's very good wor...

Are u on school-book-loan scheme? Why so gan cheong if the book lost?

Oliveoylz said...

I hear you...Irresponsible fren of XY's caused so much distress to her and inconvenience for mommy too. How could she do that? Take without asking? That's bad, very bad indeed. The teacher ought to talk some sense into that gal. I would be angry too, no book to revise for the exam wor...

cre8tone said...

Wah!~ Took to copy unfinished work? Such an irresponsible girl..

Well.. anyhow, lucikily the book is found..

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh my...so much hassle. Luckily the book has been found.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

dang. what a hassle, what a mess. this is one thing i'm not looking forward to when gibran goes to school :( but what to do, what to do..

Irene said...

pheeeeeeeeeeew!

andrewjune said...

so sorry to hear about this "misfortune" but thk God, it was found at the end!

if i were you, i will be pissed off too!!!

BoeyJoey said...

oh, all your trouble for nothing, but glad that everything turned out ok :-)

i'm very surprised that the teacher did not reprimand that girl? Sounds wrong isn't it?

My boy too is very afraid of his teacher scolding him... once we passed up his report card late, he kept nagging us :-S

sting said...

gosh!! I would have blew my top at the girl! but I guessed these are kids... glad all's well now...