Monday, November 15, 2010

His First Concert

CE had his first concert last Saturday night. I thought it was going to be difficult to put lipstick for him. Surprisingly, he didn't make much fuss. Although he said "No" at first, he was very cooperative when I told him everyone will have to put on make-up for the concert. I applied lipstick for him at home and SIL applied blusher for him at the venue (waiting room). We left the boys (CE and CH) with the teachers and went to wait at the hall, where I bumped into Anggie. It was really great chatting and catching up with her, without any distraction from the kids. :-) Hmmm, Wyson's mommy, where were you? Missed you again this time.

Jeremy's performance was the 2nd one, while CE's was the 4th. Jeremy was the leader of the pirates and the introducer of their dance. He did very well, giving the speech fluently. He's one very cheerful and smiley pirate. I didn't recognise him in front of the microphone because he was wearing fake hair with long curly locks. I was thinking, "Why is this girl giving the introduction, instead of Jeremy?" Ooops! But my question was answered when he started giving the speech. hehehe

I didn't know what is CE's performance as he didn't show me much at home. For his costume, I was only given a plain white round-neck t-shirt and a pair of black long pants (sheer-like material). Only at the venue I saw the teacher putting on a yellow shiny vest for him. So I was really surprised (and amused) when they announced his class is performing an Indian dance. He walked out looking around for me. I was below the stage, taking his photos. I waved at him and he saw me. Then while dancing, he kept looking at me. *shake head* But it was rather entertaining to see my cool boy shaking and dancing on stage. *syiok sendiri* hahaha

~ check out my Bollywood star :D ~

~ having fun on stage ~

CH took part in 2 performances -- percussion and pom pom dance. His dance was the last performance. It was accompanied by a fast-paced Chinese song. Very entertaining and they looked quite coordinated too. Well done to all the kids and teachers!

23 comments:

Anggie's Journal said...

oh yes, i saw CE wave at u from the stage while u were snapping photos. He keep looking at u ...:P guess he is the tallest wan !!!
yala, at 1st i saw Jeremy wearing the long curly locks .. i said he look so much like a girl, but teacher said, is a leader mah !!! hahhaha but after all the make up ... not so much like girl !!!
nice meeting up with u too... i see u again soon ...:P

wenn said...

wow..that's a great performance.

Oliveoylz said...

CE looks very tall on stage...must be very tall for his age? With lipstick and blusher I can't help but notice what a pretty bollywood dancer he made! He sure looked like he was having heaps of fun...and bet mummy was doing her own bollywood number imagining "dancing around the tree" in her head! hehe.

Alice Law said...

LOL, at least you got to snap a more appropriate angle of CE if he kept staring at you!^-^

Nice concert, CE and Jeremy boys both were doing well!

Have a nice day!

MeRy said...

A great performance...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Well done CE!!!!

mNhL said...

So nice to meet up with blogger mummy.

And nice to see the kids performing. Very cute ya. I was waiting anxiously for my boy to perform this coming Friday.

cre8tone said...

Great performance!

andrewjune said...

*clap clap* well done to CE!
i'm also proud of you!!!

your bollywood star sure made you proud!

Irene said...

i don faham why kena make up lor for guys or even lil girls! anyway, they looked more cun la lepas make up hor! ur bollywood star so cuuuuute! well done pirate CE!

Irene said...

aaaaaaah my bad! sorry sorry! well done bollywood CE *malu malu, runs off*

Wyson said...

sorry, Ginie, im the one that missed u out this time.. i saw u and ur SIL family sitting a few row in front of me.. even saw ur hubby playing with his little niece..

too bad, my baby was throwing tantrum that night, guess he's not feeling so well, so after Wyson's performance,(luckily his performance was the 1st)i terus cabut... baby already wailing in the auditorium.

maybe next round we really can meet up and have a cup of tea..

Unknown said...

Hey thank you very much for the wishes you showered upon me and my lovely wife,, appreciate it...

take care now , and god bless

Mummy Gwen said...

Well done, CE! He looks tall from the pic. Haha...the lipstick is so red. :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

Well done, CE! I'm sure all parents will "shiok sendiri" when they see their kids performing :) Too bad, I don't have this chance yet (cos Chloe's kindy excluded the 4 year olds from the concert).

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

he looks so cute in that outfit!

jazzmint said...

at least he saw u, mine so syiok he probably forgot where I was LOL

jacss said...

i can imagine how u "syiok sendiri", hahaha
it must be amusing seeing the little cool fella shaking his butt!! no video to show geh??

Jobless Girl said...

So cute!! This photo remind me on my old days.

Denesa said...

A good exposure for the kids. Most important is that they have fun:)

Hazel said...

such a smart boy he is, well done!

bp said...

So cute, CE, your Bollywood star ROCKS!!!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

CE is still handsome with the lipstick, is true you know:-)