The little boy is getting really rebellious these days. Every day, he makes life difficult for me. He no longer obeys when I ask him to do something (keep his toys, bathe, brush teeth, etc). The only thing he'll be very fast to respond is when I say it's time to play games. He'll immediately change the tv channel and switch on the Wii console. :-|
I go through these on a daily basis (almost) :
* When asked to bathe ~ I dowan to bathe. I want to be stinky boy.
* When it's time to brush teeth ~ I dowan to brush teeth. I want my teeth be broken. or I want my mouth be stinky.
I managed to resolve these two protests by introducing 'stinky' soap and 'stinky' toothpaste. :-D Since he wanted to be stinky, I told him I'll use 'stinky' soap/toothpaste. However, this trick worked for a few days only.
* During meal times at home ~ I dowan to eat. I want my stomach be pain pain.
Don't know where he got this idea. I've only told him if he eats with dirty hands, the germs will cause stomachache. Luckily he doesn't fuss anymore (most of the time) once he starts eating.
* During naptime or bedtime ~ I dowan to sleep. Don't off the lights. I want to read books.
Jie jie says the same thing too. Actually reading is just an excuse. He'll choose his book(s). Then leave them on the bed and continue to play with jie jie. Sometimes he does flip through it, for a short while. Then continue playing again.
So how to manage him?
* Sweet-talking ~ ask him nicely, praise him for being a good boy (rarely works).
* Rewarding him ~ with snacks, games, favourite clothes.
* Threatening him ~ no tv, no games, no smelling mummy to sleep.
* Faking a cry ~ who? ME! Tell him I'm sad, make the "huhuhu sob sob sob" sound, he will obediently do as asked.
* Scolding and using the cane ~ when we raise our voice or wave the cane in front of him, especially PaPa, he will quickly budge.
However, all these doesn't work all the time, except using the cane. *nyek nyek nyek* What worked today, may not work tomorrow. So every time I've to try the different methods and when all else fails, wave the cane. :-D