Monday, September 27, 2010

Life's Back To Normal

Hello everybody... I'm back! I've been away for almost a month and I'm really happy to know that I've been missed. *big grin* Now that Kakak's back from her Raya break (just got back yesterday midnight), my life is back to normal. No more housework. Yay! No more eating salty catered food. Yay! More time for myself and the kids. Yay! More time for blogging and blog-hopping. Yay! There are 900+ unread posts in my Google Reader. *pengsan* I'll visit you real soon ya... slowly, but surely. :-)

Before I continue, I must say a special thank you to hubby who's been really helpful during Kakak's absence. I'm so lucky to have such a "domesticated" hubby who has no issues with doing house chores. And very good at it too. ;-) Also a big thank you to my ever helpful and thoughtful SIL, who took care of most of our meals. It really saved me a lot of work and brain cells (thinking of what to cook). hehehe

As mentioned in my previous post, I was back in Penang for the 1-week school/Raya holidays. Didi complained of mouth pain on Wed (8/9) and doctor confirmed it was HFMD. He must have been infected before the trip. This round it was more serious, with rashes on his hands and legs (previous infection was in January, a mild one). Luckily he didn't have any fever, just mouth sore for 5 days. Good thing his appetite wasn't affected although he was in pain when eating. The mouth drop given wasn't really working. Jie jie's mouth pain came 2 days after him, on the day we got back home. She had fever that evening, but it went away after 1 dose of paracetamol. *phew* She also had rashes on her hands and legs and her mouth sore lasted almost 6 days. She relied mainly on ice and cold drinks during meal times. I'm so glad it's all over now. Please please please spare them from mouth ulcers in the future. It's such a torture!

Jie jie's school holiday was extended for another 2 weeks because the classrooms were used for the UPSR examination. I brought her to the dentist last Wednesday as her lower left lateral incisor was loose and painful (when she eats) and it bled sometimes. Her 2 upper central incisors are loose too but they're not causing any pain and there're no signs of new teeth coming out. So the doctor said they can wait. He extracted the lower left lateral incisor (using only the numbing gel) and filled up a hole in her upper left second molar. This is the 2nd time she got her tooth extracted by the dentist and she behaved really well. She did as instructed. All she requested was that I hold her hand while the dentist was attending to her. She even sat still on the chair behind the dentist when I got my teeth checked. Previous trip she was all over the place trying to see what he was doing and checking out the equipments. o.O

When I was making payment, she asked me a question. I had a hard time understanding what she said as she was biting on a gauze. After repeating many many times, I finally got it. "What's my reward?" A lollipop, which she "claimed" 3 days later. She was quite sad that her forgetful mommy didn't take back her tooth (how to get coins from the tooth fairy?). I forgot to tell the dentist I wanted to keep it. When we went back to the clinic about 30 minutes later (after packing lunch), they said they've thrown it away already. I told her not to be sad, as she already knew the tooth fairy is actually her parents. hahaha After thinking about it, I decided to put a coin under her pillow yesterday night, just to make her happy. Then she got confused with who's the REAL tooth fairy again. :-D Luckily I have her first two extracted baby teeth. Note to self : Must not be so forgetful next time.

21 comments:

Anggie's Journal said...

heh u r back ... welcome ... a big welcome.... miss u la ....

Mumsgather said...

Welcome back! All those unread feeds, you better mark as read and start over. lol. Happens to me all the time.

Reanaclaire said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging and rantings! Great to have you back to share and to care.. :)

mNhL said...

welcome back ! sure you will be enjoying readings your many many emails...

yea..the mouth ulcers are terrible.

MeRy said...

Welcome back to blogging world again...
Talking about HFMD...it is scary and everyday I will check my son's mouth to make sure no ulcers appeared.

Alice Law said...

Kiahahaah! A Lollipop after a dental extract, oh my~! Anyway, she is indeed a very brave girl, bravo!

Hey, missed you a lot and have awonderful week ya!;)

Merryn said...

oh pls.. no more HFMD for Didi and everyone that is.. :(

Welcome back.. so happy to see so many YAYs there :D

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Welcome back!! You were sorely missed in blogsphere. Sorry to hear about the kiddos being ill. Such a pain isn't it, but still unavoidable. I wished I had followed my yearn to me a bio-chemist then perhaps I could have found an immunisation for HFMD! LOL

Oliveoylz said...

So, so happy for you that your assistant is finally back! Good to hear you had great "temporary assistants" too during her absence...Very lucky indeed!

Wah! 2 more weeks for UPSR ah...such a long break! Ah boy only had 3 days off...How I wish it was longer! hehe.

2xMum said...

welcome back! =)

cre8tone said...

Welcome back! 900++ take ur time.. :)

jacss said...

my goodness, kakak just got back ystd midnight & here u r already blogging *faint* :P
eh, u sounded like u really relied a lot of kakak wor....tsk tsk tsk, cham lor, lol
little girl has surely grown up a lot mature ehh...and lesson learnt is not to be forgetful...it's should be " DON'T LIE "
ngek ngek ngek

btw, u always picked on my calculation ahh...i'm gonna strangle u one day :P

Mummy Gwen said...

Welcome back! Feel so happy for you now that your helper is back. I can feel your joy from here..haha.

Jie jie went to the dentist? Wow...brave girl. Mummy dont forget her tooth hor next time. ;)

andrewjune said...

wow! you're truly blessed to hv more time for yourself now...and you dont hv to do hsework! envy envy...:)
when-lah am i going to hv a maid? hai...


XY did so well at the dentist...so proud of her!

btw, welcome back! i missed the madam :)

chanelwong said...

Welcome Welcome back...
Glad to hear from you .......

Chinneeq said...

its kinda fun to collect those little teeth right? Nvm, am sure your girl still have plenty to collect as of now. Good to see u back :)

Denesa said...

Looks like you are really missed by many. Welcome back:)

jazzmint said...

welcome back...900+ in the feed, can really pengsan LOL

Irene said...

misssssssssssssssssssssssss you!

Rose world said...

Welcome back! Glad your kakak is back to work. Look forward to more posts from u!

zmm said...

Getting HFMD before does not make you immune to it after?
Aiyo...