Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Typical Saturday

After breakfast, the kids will be asking for games. They usually play Wii games because nowadays I minimise their time on the computer. Want them to avoid staring at the computer for too long. That reminds me, I've to bring them for a follow-up eye examination. During the check-up in end December '09, didi's right eye is weaker than his left. So the ophthalmologist suggested that I bring him back after 6 months coz he was only 3+ years old then. As for jie jie, she has slight shortsightedness and mild astigmatism. Have to ensure that her condition didn't get worse.

Before they get to play games, I made them do some "work". Didi doesn't have any homework from kindy. It'll start next year. I bought some writing books for him but I don't really make him practise. He does them whenever he wants to. So he hardly does any writing exercise on weekdays.

I asked him to write the alphabets and numbers, from 1 to 10. But he said there's still space so he continued till 30+. Then he wanted to erase the numbers from 22 onwards. Don't know why, maybe they don't look nice. hehehe But I stopped him from erasing further as I wanted to record it down.

~ didi's alphabets and numbers ~

As for jie jie, she was exempted today. Yeah, some Saturdays, they are lucky that they get to play games straight away without having to "earn" it. :-) Usually, I'll do revision with her. And if we're not revising school work, I'll prepare some Maths questions for her to do.

Then it's time for games. They played for 1+ hours, stopped coz lunch was ready. After a short rest, time for nap. On Saturdays when jie jie has swimming lessons, she'd skip her nap. They ate fruits for tea-time and then went out to play at the porch. I'm so excited coz didi finally succeeded in pedalling the bicycle with training wheels. I was starting to get worried because he couldn't get it when I taught him months earlier. And he wasn't really interested in cycling or learning to pedal. Mind you, he's already 4 years old and this kind of motor skill should've been mastered at age 2. Moreover he's a boy, I thought this kind of activity should come more naturally? So it was a big relief when he "suddenly" know how to pedal on his own.

We had noodles for dinner as PaPa wasn't home. Usually we'll eat out on Sat nights. I prefer to eat out on weekends as I'm tired to think of what to ask Kakak to cook. :p Sometimes PaPa will pack food back so we don't have to bring the whole gang out.

This is how our typical Saturday goes. How do you spend your Saturdays?

20 comments:

MieVee @ MummysReviews.com said...

We usually have family outings on Saturdays. Today, we went to the Parenthood Expo to grab stuff for the toddler. :)

michelle@mybabybay said...

Mine, the usual taking the kids out. They changed my entire plan when they saw the big indoor playground.

MeRy said...

My Saturday....pretty common...laze at home watching tv and play with my boy.

Inspired Momx1 said...

Our Saturdays, morning send my boy to school for HanYuPinYin class, then TV time till 1.30pm, send him for music class and the rest of the day are free day, usually going to park, sports, lepak at shopping malls or just laze around at home.:P

Reanaclaire said...

My saturday.. let me think back.. after breakfast with kids, i went for my badminton.. 4pm back home.. then... slept for awhile, night went dinner with in laws and home at 10pm.. after that blogging as usual.. dull hor?

Mummy Gwen said...

Didi's writing is very good. Gwen still cannot pedal lah. :(

Saturdays usually we wil go to the malls. Weekends I'm lazy to cook too.

ChloeRuoyi said...

CE's writing is very, very nice! Hardly writes yet can write so well. Impressive!

We usually spend the whole day at malls on Sat. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the mall (or malls) then balik.. crazy hor? Sunday, rest at home :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

wow didi can write and ride (pun intended!) really well!! Bryan can't do much of either, yes even at 4yrs old. No sweat lah :) *wink*

Wyson said...

wah, CE so pannai ler, can write so well,Wyson ar, dont even know how to write ABC and 123,blame it on the lazy Mummy, nvr wanna teach..

at least now CE knows how to ride, Wyson still dont know ler..

wenn said...

his has nice handwriting.

jacss said...

eh quite nice n neat writing for a 3+ leh... :D
hai...too active also worry, not active enough also worry, dim hou??
guess, yr little boy is only one that's a little quiet & passive ... nothing shd be wrong lar!!
both our sat & sun..1/2 day gone for extra classes/activities for the boys (math, speech drama, taekwondo, sunday school)...sien :(

Oliveoylz said...

Your boy's writing is very good for his age...Now jie jie can chase her brother on wheels....fun

Saturday is piano class day and we all end up at the mall...where else to go? haha.

cre8tone said...

Can write so well! Bravo!

Dora said...

Our Saturday usually will be spent outside of the house & come back in the evening, rest a while then dinner at a nearby restaurant. Movies/books/blogging at night-midnight after little guy slept :-)

Adrine said...

My Saturdays are often out in a shopping centre! I try to break from this routine but somehow alwiz end up in various shopping centres. At least can walk (at least burn some calories) and the best part is there's AIR CON :)

How I wish I'm in a place like England - can take the kids to the park and feed ducks or something. Here it's always hot, hot hot.

CL said...

we try to bring the kids out and be with the nature or doing something educational during weekends, if the weather permits... soon, it will be winter, so will be less outdoor activities...

Denesa said...

My Saturdays? Enrichment Classes...one after another....I guess it is common activties for most parents and children.

Irene said...

yeah, always in some malls with air cond. some oldtown kopitiam. air coooooond!

Irene said...

oh lupa mau comment tis, mine can't even write all those leh. didi can write so well! very good loh!

Alice Law said...

Nice writing from CE! Wow... 4 years old can write so much numbers already, weel done!

We normally 'balik kampung' on saturday, to my mom's house! It's the most treasurable moment I would have for myself after a week of 'hard work' with my kids!^-^

Have a great week ahead!