I went to XY's kindy for Parent-Teacher's Day. Her teacher showed me her exam papers and discussed about her progress for the 2nd semester.
* She has no problems with her school work.
* She's very friendly and helpful.
* She likes to raise up questions in the class.
* She's very slow in her work (writing and colouring). Her teacher raised her concern because when she enters Primary school, the teacher will write on the white/black board and if she copies too slowly, she may not know what she's required to do.
Note to self : Have to befriend her classmates' parents. So we can exchange information on homework, etc. :-)
* She's a bit confused in solving Mathematics problems -- additions and subtractions. Very careless sometimes.
Note to self : Have to practise more (but that can wait till next year lah :-D)
As for her exam, she got quite good results (as expected, since she got some help from her teachers) with 100% for English and the lowest, 89% for Science. Her teacher stressed that the exam is not really a measurement of anything. It just reflects how much they understand in class. I really like it that the kindy isn't too results-oriented.
She definitely deserves to be rewarded. Throughout her 3 years in kindy, she never gave us any problems. Time and again, she made us proud. We'll be going to Hong Kong Disneyland this school holiday. PaPa wanted to bring her there before she enters the "big" school next year. So that'll be considered her reward. hehehe She's very excited about the trip. Started to count the days already.